In order to receive important communications from DataCite it is essential to keep organizational contact information up to date. It is the responsibility of DataCite members to ensure correct contact information is added to DataCite Fabrica. There are four types of DataCite accounts: Direct Member, Consortium, Consortium Organization and Repository. Contact information can be added to all of them. Follow these steps to update contact information:
- Log into DataCite Fabrica
- Click on "Update Member" / "Update Organization" / "Update Repository"
- Scroll to the bottom of the record
- Fill in the relevant contact information (depending on the account, this could be: service contacts, technical contacts, billing contacts)
- A message will appear to indicate that contacts entered will receive DataCite communications. Click "Update Member" / "Update Organization" / "Update Repository" to save the contacts.
More detailed information about the Fabrica web interface can be found here.
DataCite uses the information saved in the contact fields in DataCite Fabrica to send important information to members. More details about DataCite mailing lists and communication workflows in this blog post.
Updated about a month ago