In order to receive important communications from DataCite it is essential to keep organizational contact information up to date. It is the responsibility of DataCite Members to ensure correct contact information is added to their DataCite Fabrica accounts. Detailed instructions on how to do this for different organizational accounts are linked below:
Figure 1: The contacts tab in Fabrica
Watch this short tutorial to learn how to add contacts in Fabrica:
DataCite uses the information saved in the contact fields in DataCite Fabrica to send important information to members based on their roles as follows:
- The service contacts receive general information about service status and new services.
- The technical contacts are notified of service changes and infrastructure outages.
- The billing contacts receive invoices and other billing related information
- The voting contact (only Direct Members, Member Only and Consortium Lead accounts) is the representative of the organization and receives invites to vote at meetings including the Business Meeting of the General Assembly
- All contact types receive newsletters and invitations to Open Hours and other DataCite meetings
More details about DataCite mailing lists and communication workflows in this blog post.
The system email contact receives the password reset. The group email is optional and provides DataCite with general contact information for your organization. These contacts are not synced to DataCite's mailing lists.
More detailed information about the Fabrica web interface can be found here.
Add more contacts
Even if a contact is not assigned to a specific contact role in the Fabrica account settings, they will still receive general DataCite communications if they are included in the list of organizational contacts in the "contacts" tab.
Updated 3 months ago